The value of coffee in the life of a corporate employee has already been over-emphasized to the highest possible limits. Eulogies and poems have been written on it. People do not crave their love interests as much they crave for coffee. I have a different take on it.
I feel the role of coffee is limited to the following:
- Kills hunger, so mostly used as an appetite reducing agent for weight reduction
- Giving a feeling of utilizing your mouth for something other than talking
- Giving a reason for you to not get into the zombie mode by fooling your brain that caffeine is in the blood
- Gives a reason to kill time in the expensive cafes. Coffee costs the cheapest in the menu of those air-conditioned luxury pods
- As a style statement, when saying with a pout, ‘oh I wouldn’t be able to start my day without it’
- As an excuse for being cranky at the person you hate, since you didn’t have your ‘much needed’ coffee in the morning
I feel that the caffeine dependencies are only fantasy and not real because I have been drinking 6 cups of coffee daily for the last 8 months and I can still go without it anytime I want. And oh yes, I feel sleepy after a cup, which should totally not be the case. Maybe I am unique! Maybe they should study my brain after I die!
PC:What’s Up Life